The following criteria will be strictly followed for admission to this Master program:
1. Applicant must have a minimum 16 years of education in the relevant subject of Science (such as Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Accounts & Finance, Physics, etc.) and Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, etc.) with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 out of 4 (in a semester-based system), or 60% marks (in annual system) in their last degree.
2. Admission to MS (Data Science) program, as with all other programs at IBA, will be carried out strictly on merit. There are no reserve seats for any category.
3. Upon admission, candidates will be evaluated based upon their academic performance and their scores in the admission test and in the interview.
4. All equivalency claims for any previous achievement shall be evaluated by HEC.
5. There are two written admission tests: English and Mathematics for students coming from non-CS background while three written admission tests: English, Mathematics and Computer Science for students coming from CS/IT background. The Mathematics section would be primarily from Probability & Statistics, Linear Algebra and Calculus. The Computer Science section would be primarily from Programming, Algorithms and Database Management Systems. Only candidates who clear the tests will qualify for the interview.